04.10.2011

Topp ti tirsdag

Jeg fortsetter med å stjele tema fra The Broke and the Bookish, men denne uken velger jeg et gammelt tema, nemlig:

Topp ti favorittsitater fra bøker:

1. "Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous." - Frankenstein, Mary Shelley

2. "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

3. "In my desert vocabulary I tried to find some words of condolence and apology, but all I managed to do was massacre her parents and rape her sister. I really wasn't made for social life." - You're an Animal, Viskovitz, Alessandro Boffa

4. "The gunman is useless. I know it. He knows it. The whole bank knows it. Even my best mate, Marvin, knows it, and he's more useless than the gunman. The worst part about the whole thing is that Marv's car is standing outside in a fifteen-minute parking zone. We're all facedown on the floor, and the car's only got a few minutes left on it." - I Am the Messenger, Markus Zusak

5. "What is truly strange is that I, who spared not only innocent lives but several guilty ones as well (for at certain moments I was overcome by a kind of indifference, and the prisoners reaped the benefits), was hated even more than some of my comrades .... I think the prisoners condemned to death vaguely consoled themselves with the idea that they were dealing with madmen or monsters; whereas I was an ordinary, sad little man who coughed, wore glasses, had a little snub nose and delicate hands." - The Courilof Affair, Irène Némirovsky

6. "My name is Brodeck and I had nothing to do with it. I insist on that. I want everyone to know it." - Brodeck's Report, Philippe Claudel

7. "For the first time in her life Granny wondered whether there might be something important in all these books people were setting such store by these days, although she was opposed to books on strict moral grounds, since she had heard that many of them were written by dead people and therefore it stood to reason reading them would be as bad as necromancy." - Equal Rites, Terry Pratchett

8. "It always does seem to me that I am doing more work than I should do. It is not that I object to the work, mind you; I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. I love to keep it by me: the idea of getting rid of it nearly breaks my heart." - Three Men in a Boat, Jerome K. Jerome

9. "I am content to reason with you. I am malicious because I am miserable. Am I not shunned and hated by all mankind? You, my creator, would tear me to pieces and triumph; remember that, and tell me why I should pity man more than he pities me? ... Shall I respect man when he condemns me? Let him live with me in the interchange of kindness, and instead of injury I would bestow every benefit upon him with tears of gratitude at his acceptance. But that cannot be; the human senses are insurmountable barriers to our union. Yet mine shall not be the submission of abject slavery." - Frankenstein, Mary Shelley

10. "Perhaps these poor devils have never stopped to think about the slow sequence of torment that the swift, efficient wording of the death sentence entails? Have they ever had a moment's pause at the heart-rending idea that inside the man whose head they are severing there is a mind; a mind that was expecting to live, a soul that wasn't the least prepared for death? No. All they see is the downwards motion of a triangular blade, and probably believe that for the condemned man there is nothing before or afterwards." - The Last Days of a Condemned Man, Victor Hugo

6 kommentarer:

  1. Eg fekk Brodrecks Report i posten for ei stund sidan. Eg gleder meg til å lese ho. Herlig sitat!

    SvarSlett
  2. Fine sitater! Jeg gleder meg til å lese opptil flere av bøkene du har sitert, spesielt Frankenstein, Hitchhiker og Jerome. Det ble ingen liste på meg denne uken, for temaet med overraskende slutt ga meg ikke så mye. Neste ukes tema virker desto mer forlokkende!

    SvarSlett
  3. Bai: Jeg håper du liker den. Gleder meg til å høre hva du syns om den!

    Line: Hva er neste ukes tema? Jeg plukket et tilfeldig ett, tror jeg skal være flinkere å følge ukestemaene fra neste tirsdag =)

    Frankenstein kan du forresten ta med på 1001-lesesirkelen.

    SvarSlett
  4. Bra sitater:) Har frankenstein i bokhylla. Begynte å lese den,men er litt småtung i begynnelsen.

    SvarSlett
  5. Flotte sitater! Jeg elsker egentlig sitater og skriver ofte ned ord og setninger fra bøker i sitat funksjonen hos Bokelskere. Det er flott å få samlet dem, så jeg tror jeg skal ta fram dette temaet neste tirsdag og dele av mine oppsamlede sitater :-)

    Så bra at du ga meg en blogge ide :-)

    SvarSlett
  6. Nina: Ja, språklig er det nok ikke den enkleste boken å lese. Men du blir nok fort vant til måten hun skriver på =)

    Astrid: Så bra at du vil bruke ideen, jeg gleder meg til å lese dine oppsparte sitater =D

    SvarSlett